10 days Lodge/Tented Lodge safari from $ 2450 pp, based on 4 persons (incl 18% VAT).
This is the best safari for anyone who wants to combine lodge and tented lodge, enjoying the sounds at night of the Serengeti. Because of the length of the safari there will be no rush; there is plenty of time for picnics and making pictures.
- Day 1: Arrival at Kilimanjaro-airport ; depending on the arrival time we can visit a local event (restaurant, market) before our stay at Kiboko Lodge or similar in Arusha.
- Day 2: after breakfast we leave for a full day safari to Arusha National Park; a park with a lot of wildlife and spectacular mountain-jungle. It’s possible to do a walking safari with a ranger in the high forest with her bearded (algae and fungae) trees.
- Stay at Kiboko Lodge.
- Day 3: Departure for Tarangire National Park with the famous Baobabs and numerous elephants. The scenery is amazing with the Tarangire river, which attracts many gazelles and big cats. We are staying in Sangaiwe Tented Lodge, situated on a rim with a spectacular sunset.
- Day 4: Full day in Tarangire National Park and stay again in Sangaiwe Tented Lodge.
- Day 5: Morning game-drive in Tarangire NP and departure for Eileen’s Tree Inn in Karatu. We can stop in Mto Wa Mbu, a village with lots of hand-crafts and local markets. This day we can also participate for a while in Masai Village life e.g. to cook or to herd the goats and cows. (optional).
- Day 6: Early breakfast for take-off to the Serengeti, the biggest wildlife park in Tanzania. Here we really need a good guide to spot the wildlife. We will stay these 2 nights in the luxury Thorn Tree tented lodge.
- Day 7: At night you heard the male lions, wildebeests and birds; we start with an early-morning safari and come back to the lodge for a warm lunch. In the afternoon we do the opposite; we start at 15.00 pm and do a game-drive until sunset. Night in Thorn Tree tented lodge.
- Day 8: We leave the lodge and go for a morning game-drive; later we leave the Serengeti, not over the main road but we make a nice D-tour to see some more wildlife. Before sunset we will arrive at Rhino lodge which is situated on the rim of the crater in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. You will enjoy the jungle-view on the outside of the crater-rim.
- Day 9: We leave for the Ngorongoro-crater ; the 25 km diameter crater will give you so much wildlife. We will have a picnic in the center of the crater. This phenomenon will intrigue us the rest of the day and when we leave for Arusha, one thing is for sure: we want to come back! This night we stay in OutpostLodge.
- Day 10: Depending on your flight schedule we can visit anything you want. We recommend the trip over the old Moshi-road and visit the village Usa-river. You could also do a last walk or just relax. We will bring you to Kili-airport with lots of memories of a beautiful country .